Thursday, July 29, 2010

Working 50 hours this week and so happy about it.

There are some nights where I am overcome with a tidal wave of inspiration. Tonight has been one of those nights. Working a slow night at the restaurant, I was able to do some people watching and usually some great ideas come out of that. I just had a nice opportunity to sit back and think about LAN’ded and how an audience might react to it. The fact that Code Monkey is wrapped means one thing: LAN’ded, the reason why Code Monkey was made, is ready to be worked on once again. It scares me in a way but the message behind LAN’ded is the whole reason why Kyle and I started Imaginary Trends in the first place.

I was able to come home and jot down rough notes on where I wanted to take LAN’ded, but got very distracted by the X-Games on ESPN. Yes, I’m still a dude so the X-Games are like a present under the tree of my Christmas-In-July. Seriously, those guys doing those crazy superman stunts are like Gods. If I could even do a single jump on a bike then I’d consider that a major victory, the fact that they can do flips and stuff make me re-evaluate my fear of flying because they take off like birds.

Wow, my analogies and metaphors are getting really wordy tonight. Ugh.

I also came home tonight to a very nice surprise. An interest musician named Blue recorded an online web-concert that she put on earlier today. I was bummed out I couldn’t actually view it live cause of work but she recorded it! Watch it now @ http://hello-the-future.net/2010/07/30/webcomics-webconcert-the-video/

More artists need to facilitate an audience like this event has. Plus she did a Lilith Fair rendition of Launchpad McQuack. Seriously, she did. I almost choked on my food. If there’s a way into my heart, it’s through a Lilith Fair rendition of Launchpad McQuack. Nice. The fact that there's artists out there who are ballsy enough to just put themselves out there so freely makes me want to work with ALL of them. Maybe someday.

ANYWAY…LAN’ded. Back to that THING! That crazy, long, derivative, heady, existential THING. I can’t believe how much it has changed since the first draft.

Actually, I’m going to quit writing this and go back to compiling notes on it. There’s too much in my head about it.

Before I go though…to everyone who has supported my endeavors in Code Monkey in ANY way…thank you. It’s still not done but the way people have connected with it by reading the script, hearing our renditions of JoCo’s music, or seeing our behind the scenes videos, is just incredible. I am thinking of some way to thank you all…though I don’t know WHAT yet.

~ Aaron J.

No comments: