Saturday, July 24, 2010

I promise I will not cheat on my Blog with Tumblr.

I feel as if I'm standing on the edge of a precipice. I've been walking up a mountain for the past 7 months and I'm about to jump and see what happens next. Tomorrow is our last day of shooting on Code Monkey. After tomorrow, it is finished. There's no more going back to shoot, no more "oops I forgot about this", and no more "let's re-write the line to be this". I'm not unhappy, it is just difficult to process. We will of course need to go back to do some ADR work and I'd like to sit in on some editing sessions but I know I can't. After tomorrow, all I've left to do is promote it and get it out as quickly and efficiently as I can. It's. So. Strange.

It's like you're reading a book. Something AWESOME like Terry Pratchett or Stephen King. You get real absorbed in it and love it even though it eats up all your time. When you're done with the story though, you're left with so much free time that all you want to do is start another book. One person asked me if I'd ever write a sequel to CM, and the thought of that kind of scares me. There's no real route for these characters to take while accompanying JoCo's material. Unless they turn into vampires or zombies. I wouldn't want Guy/Laura to break up and I wouldn't want any other strange catharsis to occur either. I just hope that the finished product is something that JoCo (and his fans) will appreciate. He's given so much to us, it is time we give something back.

It is almost fitting that once the project wraps, I'll be ready to make my move to Chicago. A nice clear-cut change of scene.

Wait a tick, I signed up for a Tumblr. Is that better than Blogger? It seems more dynamic. Does anyone else have thoughts on this? My inner geek wants me to have the best tech out there, but my compassionate side says not to cheat on my blog when it has facilitated so many of my entries the past few years. This is why I'm incapable of cheating on my girlfriend. My guilt is enormous, even when dealing with objects without life or any discernable human behavior. This guilt eroded my soul when making my 360/Ps3 decision and I'm sure it'll rear its head again later with other decisions but seriously is Tumblr cool? Lemme know.

Time to pack and fill up the car before my trip to Pittsburgh to finish filming. Then I get to play the fun game of marketing Code Monkey! It's up to 4 players, anyone want in?

No comments: