Tuesday, July 27, 2010

OK, so I'm cheating on my blog with Tumblr.

I couldn't resist. In my downtime I've found Tumblr to be super-duper cool. Thus, I'm gonna use it. Thanks to my tweeps who convinced me of this.

Since "Code Monkey" has wrapped, it is totally time to sit back and relax for at least a day. That is until I start working 40 hours a week again. The only responsibilities I have for CM now are 1) ADR work on some scenes where we shot outside and 2) figuring out the release party. I'd like to get Southside Works Cinema for our premiere, but it is sort of expensive. Maybe if I ask around I can raise some money...

Did anyone else play the Alan Wake DLC this morning? Holy moly did I enjoy it! I love the original game itself, but the DLC was able to take the narrative further and I can really respect that. Remedy is definitely a company I'd love to work with one day. The way they take gameplay and infuse it with story is pretty rad. I don't think any other studio does it as well as they do.

The proposed date for moving to Chicago was set in stone a few weeks ago: August 29th. I just woke up one day and it sounded like a fantastic date to pack everything up and go. I now realize that I'm going to be quite the jetsetter in the coming weeks because I need to travel back to Pittsburgh for audio work, and then I'm going to San Diego to visit the girlfriend. FourSquare is going to BLOW UP! Finally I can rival my friends on tour at least for a few days.

FourSquare is such an interesting device. Whenever I go out now I have to decide whether or not I want every fast food chain I visit included in my history. Do I let my friends know about my Burger King obsession? Do they seriously need to be aware that I constantly celebrate my fourth meal at Taco Bell? For better or for worse, they do. They totally do.

I guess it is time for me to start raising money for this premiere party...here goes nothing.

No comments: