Friday, September 25, 2009

i'd rather just call it 179 days.

I tell you, when you get comfortable, you get lazy.

I was intending to record some music and lyrics on Sunday night to send to our musical geniuses but when you are sleeping in and having all of your meals cooked for you, things tend to slip. I finally got everything recorded and sent, I can't wait to see what happens with it all.

I got a membership to a local gym today, which is both a happy and sad event for me. I'm happy I have a place to work out again, but I realize I've been spoiled by PPU seeing as how they had free gym facilities. If anything, I'm going to use my membership a ton just to get my money's worth. I'm proud of myself though, I lost 25 pounds this summer and I haven't had to worry about it coming back. Then again, with a new Kingdom Hearts game on the way and Fallout 3 arriving soon, I will have to muster all the inspiration I can to get up and be productive.

Also, I imagine someone handing me my gym membership card, and me thrusting it above my head a la Link from "Legend of Zelda" and suddenly the music swells just like in the game with "dahn dun dun dun DUNNNN!" If only...

I haven't had much luck with T.A.D.s at all this week. It's like I lost some drive behind finishing them. I try to boost my inspiration by watching Venture Bros. episodes three-at-a-time but it doesn't work. I'd love to post something new but I'm not pleased with anything I've done. Here's hoping someone awesome hits me next week.

To make up for it I have been sketching, writing, and devising things for LAN'ded. I've started the (hopefully) final draft and I've found that doing the virals has helped exponentially. The show definitely feels like a living entity now that there's a more established background, and we're got a good 6-7 months to flesh it out even more so here goes nothing. I'd like to say we are keeping all of the ideas and mechanics that succeeded in the 2nd and 3rd drafts but sometimes you have to bench your star player so the rookies can get some time in the game. I guess we'll see what happens...

Here's my last bit, and it's a sad one. I've always wanted a Welsh Corgi, and I know exactly why, so I went to the pet store yesterday because I had some extra time. I talked to the lady about how much I'd react considering my allergy, and I explained that I was writing a show with the possibility of there being an animal in it within the future intrigued me. She seemed enthusiastic about it and so she let me hold the little guy. He should be mine, but he's not. I don't think I should have a pet for quite some time seeing as how I'm about as fatherly as Homer Simpson. Still, if I ever get a pet, it's gonna be a Welsh Corgi. Even if it doesn't happen for ten years. It's gonna happen.

Alright, HERE'S my last bit. Does anyone know how to make film from a SD camera look old, faded, and like it is from the 50's? I'm trying to do something with Cortex and Wally for LAN'ded and want to date the look.

Off to work.

please just don't laugh and clap right now
this is serious, i'm not delirious.

No comments: