Friday, September 18, 2009

Oh Chuck E' Cheese, we meet again...

Considering I've spent the last few days learning "The YouTube Game" and how to successfully advertise on it as well as other sites, I'm surprised I'm not a vampire by now. The in's and out's of online advertising, especially for a product that is as vague and "in" as mine continues to baffle me. Especially when it takes off and gets 500 hits for what seems like no reason at all.

Oh well, Hakuna Matata.

Spending all of my free time working on virals, I have to admit I nearly forgot about allotting time to work on the 3rd draft of LAN'ded. Next week I should have a good 3-4 days to sit down and sketch out a treatment for how it'll run. Like I said before, there's alot of changes Kyle and I are making to the overall feel and structure to the show so for a few people it may be a shocker, but I firmly believe that it'll be a decision that works out for the better.

Coming home has been incredibly therapeutic. Going back to your roots has a natural way of revitalizing you. Seeing old friends, chatting up your folks, and driving familiar streets puts it all in perspective. To think that I'll be here more than just 2-3 weeks is comforting, but I can't help but be a little jealous of my friends who're out in the real world "making it" already. I'm just happy to be able to continue my work here, not being required to relocate to a huge city right off. I seem to have a problem though, and this isn't something new.

Because I know many different people in many different cities, I tend to think everyone lives wherever I am. This lead to difficulties. I can't tell you how many times I thought I've seen my friend Joe in Pittsburgh, when he lives in Erie. Since I've been home I must've had to stop myself from saying "Hi" to at least 5 strangers who only LOOKED like people I know from New Hampshire and other places. If only the world were that small...

No comments: