Friday, August 14, 2009

saving receipts for taxes is a trend that is difficult to fall into.

I can only imagine how my past relationships would've turned out if my girlfriends had this handy dandy little resource. But I digress.

It is almost unfathomable for me to believe that a part of my job as an actor now requires me to play video games and publish my (or my character's) thoughts on them. It is definitely exciting and I'm quite interested to see what sort of waves I can make doing this.

Today I went to a few different places nearby my current job to see some friends sing and dance and even prance around. Being graduated from University, it's sad to see your younger friends (who are already very talented and going to get even better) knowing that you won't see them in classes or in halls come September. It can't be helped though. I really can't wait to see where life takes them. Just knowing that paths can cross so easily makes me believe this won't be the last time I see them. So I guess until next time...

P.S. I met actor Richard Kind at my friend's park today. He's always been a terrific character actor and I've enjoyed him in most every project he's been a part of. To add to it, he was incredibly polite and a very nice guy. It's always nice to encounter celebrities that are as nice as you'd expect them to be. It also helped that we played Bumper Cars together. I don't think anyone else can say they played Bumper Cars with Lucious Lavin from "Stargate: Atlantis". (I know he was on Spin City but c'mon, Stargate is more my speed.)

I hooked up my 360 to XBL today and downloaded Felicia Day's "Do You Want To Date My Avatar?" music video. I'm not sure how many times I can praise her, but I'll continue to do so. She has literally laid down the framework for how an actor can make a living through Internet media. So I'm hot-linking to her video and her material as much as I possibly can. It doesn't hurt that she's gorgeous and plays video games too.

I need to update the LAN'ded blog because it looks like a graveyard currently. How do I blog about a project I can't publicly talk about? Maybe if people watched more YouTube then they would understand what I mean...

Apparently this District 9 film is a pre-requisite for geeks everywhere. Even Entertainment Weekly thinks so. When did my niche culture get hip? Oh yeah, when Battlestar Galactica aired. I forgot. Will def. have to check it out this week.

I have to sing and dance in eight shows tomorrow and all I can think about is how to jazz up my avatar. Oh Microsoft, how you've ruined me.

I'm totally excited for my website to launch so I can begin posting my latest writing exercise: Thing-A-Day. I decided to write at least one thing a day for a year. At the end of the day I can't work on that selection any more. It has to just stay where it is. I can always expand on it with a different selection later but I can't add to an existing TAD. It's given me a ton of creative ideas for LAN'ded and other projects and I decided to post some of my favorite ones on here for all to see. Keep checking back to the blog to see how the progress is going.

Break time is over now! Back to playing video games...for fun and profit. Never thought I'd see the day...

"you and i" - jason mraz

No comments: