Friday, October 30, 2009

Schrödinger's cat is gonna be solved this weekend

Just to get this out of the way - there's a new thing a day posted in the thing a day blog. Go read it!

It's officially the most wonderful time of the year: Halloween. No matter what, Halloween always lifts my spirits. No pun intended.

I'm making a road trip to Pittsburgh this weekend to re-connect with alot of people I've missed out on seeing the past few months. I'm beyond excited just to be back in my old stomping grounds. I am bringing my new TAD notebook just to make sure I don't miss anything. I'm not expecting a fanfare when I return, I just want to make sure I catch up with some friends. I took for granted having them around nonstop last year.

There's almost too much going on right now. Amidst the ongoing LAN'ded campaign, I recently completed a script that I'm shopping around for feedback right now. I basically wrote an entire script around Jonathan Coulton's music and ran with it. I'm happy with the end result but it's a first draft so anything is likely to change. We also launched the Imaginary Trends fanpage this week and we've already gotten 96 fans following us! Crazy! ALSO! We talked to PR guys for advice. ALSO! We laid groundwork for some possible future projects.

There's much more but thinking about it exhausts me. I was so tired last night I didn't go see District 9 for a second time. This is serious.

My biggest reprieve this week has been shaving. I know exactly why I waited until today to shave, but to reveal my intentions would boost my dork levels to 11 and I'm not about to do that. I got new razors and everything and I am squeaky clean. I can't say that often so there you go.

Last week I was lucky to walk away with any scrap of sanity due to the cerebral experience that Nathan Drake of Uncharted 2 gave me. I don't usually make grandiose statements, but Uncharted 2 is one of the best games I've ever played. It's in my top 5. This is serious.

That's all I got right now. I'm exhausted. Time to go to work and then drive to Pittsburgh. Beam me up.

stars in your eyes
free from the life that you knew

No comments: