Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pills

Chicago, you have been crazy good to me in the past few weeks. Rehearsals for "Pills" with the Black Ship Theatre Co. are starting to ramp up, and that means character work! It's been such a long time since I've done something DRAMATIC. I've been doing nothing but comedy work the past few years so to have the ability to jump head first into a pure piece of drama really gets me excited. Being able to set aside time to refine my Viewpoints work and actually "verb" my script makes me feel like I'm back in my senior year in the Conservatory, and it feels goooooood.

The fact that I get to geek out about Stanislavski work and Meisner makes me smile. I'm so used to only geeking out about comics and movies, but I get to go all theatre students on this play's ass. My character is so free-form that I can apply so many different things to his development that I never feel boxed in. Enough about the process though, I'll just slowly geek out later about it.

I've been watching this Charlie Sheen stuff spiral out of control and last night I crossed the borderline for it all. I don't find it funny anymore, I just find it sad...the freefall Sheen took was that of cargo being dumped off an airplane: sharp, without direction, and containing massive amounts of coke. All I wanted was a new Major League movie and this guy ruined it. What a jerk.

Bedtime muggles. Sayonara.

No comments: